This assignment is a take-home essay assignment of 5 questions, 2 pages total, to test knowledge and assimilation of the course objectives.The exclusive use of required texts and readings from this course is mandatory.
Please present your work as a Word document. You should single-space the document. Put your name and a title on the paper. You should also put your name on the file, then upload it here in Assignments no later than 11:55pm ET on Sunday, Week Three.
Important: Number the questions on your paper and write a topic/thesis sentence that indicates the question you are answering. You do not need to rewrite the question as long as the numbers correspond. Papers presented with no indication of the questions' being answered will be returned. Be sure to include at least one or two references to the Rosati and Scott text that corresponds to each question - and any other readings in Weeks One, Two, and Three (Lessons - Readings and Resources) that apply.
1. How does the global political environment shape foreign policy?
2. How do US foreign policies shape daily lives of Americans?
3. What are the roles of the president in foreign policy decision-making?
4. What forces provide constraints to the fulfillment of these roles?
5. Given the materials you've read in Weeks One-Three, provide an historical example of an event in which the President was forced to make a critical foreign policy decision. What limited his decision-making and how did this impact the outcome of the decision?
- 5 years ago
Purchase the answer to view it