Ashford ENG 121 DICUSSION 2ordieman
As you prepare to write your first discussion for this week, take a few moments to do the following:
- Read the the Final Essay assignment instructions in Week Five (your draft is due in Week Three, and the Final Essay is due in Week Five) of your online course or in the “Components of Course Evaluation” section of this guide.
- Review the Instructor Guidance for this week.
- Read Chapter 4 of Essentials of College Writing, paying close attention to the techniques for generating ideas.
- Review the Grading Rubric for this discussion.
Reflect: Take time to reflect on the techniques for generating ideas discussed in Chapter 4.
- Think about which techniques might be more helpful for you when choosing topics.
- Start brainstorming three to five ideas for your personal essay.
- Provide your three to five ideas (in list format) for your final essay.
- Write a paragraph explaining how you used the techniques in Chapter 4 to come up with those ideas.
- Share what you think the key elements of a narrative are (i.e., what makes a good story work).
Your initial post must be 200 to 300 words in length. Support your claims with examples from the required material(s) and/or other scholarly sources, and properly cite any references. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts by Day 7.
Respond to Peers: Review what your peers have posted, and respond to two classmates on the following:
- Explain which of your classmates’ ideas for a personal essay seem more intriguing and why..
- Compare the techniques your classmates used to develop their ideas in comparison to the techniques you chose.
- Explain why you chose the techniques you did and whether you will try your classmates’ techniques in the future.
Response posts must be 125 to 200 words in length for each. If you have questions about how to participate in discussions, consult “About Discussions” under the Course Home menu. You are not required to support your claims with additional scholarly sources; however, should you decide to use additional sources, make sure you properly cite any references
- 6 years ago
- Give some examples of tradeoffs you face or have faced in your life and the opportunity costs associated with them.
- 2 hours 500 words ORIGINAL WORK
- political science
- art theater homework
- Organizational Behavior Principles 2IP
- For anyone, here is the assignment, I need this done today please thanks.
- Excel HW
- presentation help
- From the perspective of each of the competing images of American democracy in practice analyze the politics and policy of...
- Week 2 accounting assignment
- NOT RATED
Prepare:As you prepare to write your second discussion for this week, take a few moments to do the following:
4 years ago
- Read the the Final Essay assignment instructions in Week Five (your draft is …