art unit 1 DBsasha0420
Questions for weekly discussions and conversations (not part of the required Discussion Board assignment)
These questions can serve as the starting point for your discussions during the week. They are “thought starters,” so that you can explore some ideas associated with the discussion board and unit topics. Answers are not required, and should not be submitted with your required assignment. Answers are not graded.
1. How did you gain an awareness and understanding of art forms?
2. What are your impressions of what constitutes a work of art?
B. Required Discussion Board assignment.
- For this assignment, you will take on the role of an investigative journalist by using the Internet to seek out different kinds of artworks including art that is not conventionally considered to be art. Your search begins by looking for ideas in the Classroom Materials, your instructor's assignment notes, and the Library's Guides to Library Resources for this class. Works of art currently, or traditionally found in museums should be excluded from your examples.
- Choose two specific works of art (not general forms of art) that will make for a captivating news article.
- Using the art terminology and concepts outlined in the textbook and supplement reading to describe and evaluate each artwork chosen by answering the following questions. Apply your own critical thinking to completely describe the works and put them in context for the reader.
- Elaborate on the details in your own words. Consider including a headline to grab your reader's attention, and be sure to include a clearly labeled URL (Web link) to the image.
What is the FORM of the work?
- Is it a two-dimensional or three-dimensional work of art?
- What materials are used?
- What techniques or processes are used to create the artwork?
- What colors are used?
- Describe the use of line, shape, texture, value, color, and balance.
Does the work of art have SUBJECT MATTER?
- If so, what is literally depicted?
- Is the work of art REPRESENTATIONAL, ABSTRACT, or NONOBJECTIVE?
What is the CONTENT?
- What does it mean or represent?
- What is the artist's message?
- Is symbolism used? If so, what is the meaning?
- What is the context of the artwork?
- What is the function of the artwork?
- What traditional role of the artist is exemplified?
- 9 years ago
- Jones Industries
- an externsl SATA interface is five times faster than USB 2.0 is 40 times faster than usb 1.1 if usb...
- A vehicle of mass 2000kg accelerates up an incline of 1 in 12 (sine) increasing its speed from 15km/h to...
- Escribe el concepto gramatical y su categoría acentual para cada palabra oscura. 1-Él (Pronombre Personal, Aguda) no tiene ningún necio...
- what is the role of the independent variable in a experiment?
- Who is Blind Benny in Belle Prater's Boy?
- Hi SHIR15
- where are the tropical rain forest located
- was the americans fear of a communist takeover in the 60's valid
- NOT RATED
The Discussion Board (DB) is part of the core of online learning. Classroom discussion in an online environment requires the active participation of students and the instructor to create robust …9 years ago
- NOT RATED
Unit 1 Discussion Board Deliverable Length: 150 - 500 words (not including references) 2 Peer Responses Details:
The Discussion Board (DB) is part of the core of online learning. Classroom …9 years ago
- NOT RATED
These questions can serve as the starting point for your discussions during the week.They are “thought starters,” so that you can explore some ideas associated with the discussion board and …9 years ago