Two shuffleboard disks of equal mass, one orange and the other yellow, are involved in an elastic, glancing collision. The yellow disk is initially at rest and is struck by the orange disk moving with a speed of 5.60 m/s. After the collision, the orange disk moves along a direction that makes an angle of 36.0° with its initial direction of motion. The velocities of the two disks are perpendicular after the collision. Determine the final speed of each disk.
Two gliders are set in motion on an air track. A spring of force constant k is attached to the near side of one glider. The first glider of mass m1 has velocity 1 and the second glider of mass m2 moves more slowly, with velocity 2, as in Figure P9.54. When m1 collides with the spring attached to m2 and compresses the spring to its maximum compression xmax, the velocity of the gliders is . Find each of the following in terms of 1, 2, m1, m2 and k. (Use v_1 for 1, v_2 for 2, m_1 for m1, m_2 for m2 and k as necessary.)
- 8 years ago
- how are figs and fig wasps adapted to their habitat and how do these adaptations help them to complete successfully...
- Complete a speech planning document about the report
- My part to an accounting group project
- The first machine produces 5 copies in 8 seconds. The second machine produces 16 copies in 24minutes. are the machines...
- Comparing Theories
- need help please
- Giev each set of vertices, determine whether BEFG is a rhombus, a rectangle, or a square. List all that apply....
- Juvenile Delinquency, Deliverable Length: 600–900 words (due Sunday, April 14th)
- what year was the assertive community developed in montreal
- Only for maewrite...Deadline 5 hour From now