Which of the following statements concerning internal controls is true?
A strong internal control system provides reasonable assurance that the objectives of a company will be accomplished.
Internal accounting controls are limited to the policies and procedures used to protect the company from embezzlement.
Internal administrative controls are designed to limit the amount of funds spent on investments.
The control procedure, separation of duties, prohibits the employment of a husband and wife or other closely related parties within the same company.
Hyperion Company has established internal control policies and procedures in order to achieve the following objectives:
(1) Safeguard the company's assets
(2) Assure that the accounting records contain reliable information
(3) Evaluate management performance effectively
(4) Assure that employees comply with company policies
Which of these objectives are primarily achieved by accounting controls?
Objectives 1 and 2
Objectives 2 and 3
Objectives 1 and 4
Objectives 3 and 4
The following are features of an internal control system except for:
Establishing proper procedures for processing transactions
Mandatory retirement at the age of 65
Bonding employees to recover losses through insurance
Hiring and training competent employees
Accounting controls are designed to:
Safeguard company assets and ensure reliable accounting records
Evaluate performance for annual merit increases
Ensure low employee turnover
The most negative opinion that an auditor can express is the:
Krieger Company's bank statement included an NSF check written by one of its customers. What effect will the entry to recognize the NSF check have on the company's financial statements?
At the end of the month, Grant Entertainment Company showed a $9,300 book balance in its cash account. The following information was gathered by studying the bank statement and the company's cash records:
(1) Deposits in transit amounted to $3,150
(2) Outstanding checks were $6,200
(3) A $550 check had been incorrectly drawn on Grant's account by the bank
(4) NSF checks returned by the bank were $750
(5) Bank service charge was $29
(6) Credit memo for $75 for the collection of one of the company's account receivable
Based on the above information the true cash balance would be:
- 9 years ago
Purchase the answer to view it