2 Page Writing AssignmentMercedes2
Writing Prompt : In some stories, characters come into conflict with the culture in which they live. Often, a character feels alienated in his/her community or society due to race, gender, class or ethnic background. Choose a text that shows this kind of conflict. How is the character alienated from community and how does she/he respond to it? What does that character's alienation say about the surrounding society's assumptions, morality and values? In what way(s) do literary elements reflect how that society defines race, gender, class and/or ethnicity? How does this create conflict for the character?
Assignment: For your Week Three assignment, you will write a two and a half page draft (excluding the title and references page) of your Week Five Literary Analysis. The draft should contain a working thesis (which you wrote in the Week One assignment), an introduction, at least three body paragraphs, and a conclusion. Be sure to include some paraphrases and quotations of the reference material in your Week Two Annotated Bibliography. You should use your research to help you develop and support the thesis.
- Copy and paste the writing prompt you chose to explore in Week One at the beginning of your draft (this will help your instructor see if you focused well on the prompt).
- Restate your working thesis after the copy-and-paste prompt.
- Develop your working thesis based on the feedback you have received. Again, the thesis should offer a debatable claim in response to one of the prompts on the list.
- Analyze the literary work(s) from the approved list of prompts chosen in Week One that pertained to your selected topic using the Eight Steps to Writing a Literary Analysis resource and include the three key ideas developed in the Week One Proposal.
- Focus on one or two primary text(s).
- Include references from at least two secondary sources identified on your Week Two Annotated Bibliography. More sources are not necessarily better.
- Apply your knowledge of literary elements and other concepts in your response to the prompt. Reference the List of Literary Techniques.
- Avoid any use of the first person.
- Do not summarize the plot.
Literary Works: ( Poem) What It's Like to Be a Black Girl -Patricia Smith
(Poem) Theme For English B -Langston Hughes
I Uploaded what i used as my working thesis and topic sentence which was horrible feel free to change whatever. The time it is due by is eastern standard time!
- 5 years ago
- ETH 316 Week 1 Individual Assignment Ethics Essay
- Research Questions for Correlational and Chi-Square Designs
- Discuss the responsibility and authority of OSHA as well as OSHA standards. What are the similarities and differences between OSHA and NIOSH?
- BUS 311 Week 5 Final Paper
- STAT 200-Masterquiz7 solutions
- Devry Chicago ACCT 346 Week 3 Quiz
- QUALITY IN BUSINESS AND INDUSTRY(A Study into the History and Development of Quality in Business and Industry)
- Principles of Micro-Economics
- ACC 541 Week 2 Individual Assignment Client Understanding Paper