College is the most challenging stage in the life of a student especially if you live away from home. You have to step up and do things on your own. This is the stage where you learn some life skills that you will never get to learn and acquire in the classroom or in lecture halls. You can’t always ask your parents or your siblings to help you especially if you live far away. You also have limited resources. The best thing to do is to be creative, think outside the box, and make the most out of the available resources.
Here are some amazing tips to help you survive college and make college life easier.
- Record the lectures so that you won’t miss anything just in case you fall asleep in class or get distracted. You can also save time in studying by listening to these recorded lectures by listening to them at twice the speed.
- Don’t take for granted the subjects that are easy and where you can get high grades. Do not slack off no matter how easy they are because they will help balance out your grades and your general average especially when you get more difficult subjects in your higher years.
- For an easy to prepare breakfast, cook scrambled eggs in a mug using the microwave. Crack two eggs into the mug, stir, add some salt. Put the mug in the microwave for a minute and a half.
- If you need help in doing homework, you can check out homework helper online. These websites are dedicated to helping students in their homework in any subject.
- If you’re too lazy to do the dishes, use a tortilla as a bowl or plate and use chopsticks instead of utensils.
- Instead of hanging all your clothes in the closet, carefully fold your clothes and file them to save space.
- If you’re the type of person who doesn’t hear the alarm of your phone, you can put your phone inside a glass to amplify the sound. The reverberation of the alarm from your phone will amplify the sound. You will definitely wake up once you hear the loud sound coming from your alarm plus the fact that you can’t just reach the phone and turn off the alarm with your eyes closed. You will have to wake up, reach the glass, and turn the alarm off.
- Use the coffeemaker to create a simple meal. You can cook hotdogs or even pasta inside a coffeemaker. You can also boil eggs inside it.
- Instead of eating instant noodles because you’ll eventually get fed up eating the same thing every single time, you can add other ingredients to spice it up. You can add eggs, vegetables, meat, and other condiments.
- Brew coffee and tea in a coffee press. You won’t need to have a separate teapot with an infuser
- Use an empty tissue box or an empty tissue roll holder to boost music. You can cut a small opening where your phone can fit on the tissue roll holder, insert your phone and start playing music. This will act like a speaker.
- Use nail polish to differentiate the keys.
- Use colored pens when taking down notes. It will make taking notes more fun and enjoyable and it will help in your visual memory. You can also color code your notes for better memory.
- Take a screenshot of your class schedule and use it as home screen on your phone. In this way, it will be easier for you to check your schedule and the room where you are supposed to be at.
- Use empty paper toilet rolls or soft drink cans to organize the things in your desk. You can use them to keep cables intact, and as a pencil case for your pens.
- Keep a transparent jar on your desk where you can throw your coins. It’s like a piggy bank but you don’t need to break it if you are curious on how much you have already saved in that jar. It’s a fun way of saving up some money. Besides, in case you run out of money or you need some lose change, you can always get some money from this “emergency fund”.
- Learn some recipes where food can be prepared, cooked, or even baked using a mug and a microwave.
- Make an improvised coffee maker. Use a foam or paper cup. Cut out its bottom part. Put a coffee filter over this hole and secure the coffee filter with a rubber band. Put the coffee grounds on the coffee filter and slowly pour hot water over the coffee grounds.
- Use an egg carton to keep your laptop from overheating. Put your laptop on top of it.
What are your useful tips?